Cure Kids is driven to find cures for serious illnesses that affect many of our children.
How do they do it? Cure Kids focus on raising funds so that vital medical research can continue until their researchers find the cures our kids need. Put simply, they fund the cures, they find the cures. Cure Kids are searching for cures for, among others, childhood leukaemia and other cancers, heart diseases, cystic fibrosis, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SUDI), Type 1 diabetes, mental health conditions and asthma. These conditions mean children often miss out on a normal childhood and have to learn far too early in life how to fight to survive.
Established by Rotary in 1971 as the Child Health Research Foundation, so far Cure Kids have invested more than $40 million in research. They have achieved breakthroughs that have saved, improved and extended the lives of kids in New Zealand and around the world.
Cure Kids Sky Jump – Our MHCO $5,000 Goal
Maisey Harris & Co is going to throw our Boss, Peter Harris, off the Sky Tower!
We volunteered Peter to do this because we support Cure Kids and feel inspired by the work they do for kids in New Zealand and want to show our support by raising money in the Cure Kids Sky Jump to be held on Red Nose Day. And, importantly, Peter is not afraid of heights and is up for the challenge!
Our Goal is to raise $5,000 so please help us help them by giving whatever you can using the ‘Give Now’ button. Click here to go to the Everyday Hero donation page
If we can raise more than $5,000 then we can throw our other Boss, Nathan Maisey, off too!
The more people that know about Cure Kids, the greater their impact, so please also spread the word by sharing this page with your friends and family. Thank you in advance for your generosity, it means a lot!
Cure Kids Quiz Night – 12 Sept 2018
Thanks to everyone for making our Quiz Night Fundraiser for Cure Kids great fun and raised a massive $4,000 towards our $5K Auckland Tower Sky Jump Goal!!
18 awesome teams participated. The quiz winners were:
* First Prize: team ”I am Smarticus” with 97 points
* 2nd Prize: team “William Shatners Pants” with 87 points
* The coveted Last Place Prize going to team “CSR” with 53 points
A special thanks to Tiff our Cure Kids representative for making a special visit, along with her daughter, Eva, a Cure Kids ambassador, and two children Mela and Cooper.
Tiff talked to us all about how Cure Kids fund research and how it helped her own daughter Eva survive 11 years of complications since birth. Cure Kids fund research so new procedures and treatments and hopefully cures for all types of illnesses that Kiwi kids face can be developed, and gives Kiwi families hope.
You can read more about Eva’s inspiring journey here
* A huge thank you to **Phil and his team at Speights Ale House** for hosting the quiz and running a super smooth event.
* We want to thank again all the wonderful people who donated vouchers, holiday homes and products.
Silent Auction Prizes were sponsored by:
* AVO Financial Ltd – Weekend bach stay at Ruakaka
* Dianne & Terry Shoston – Weekend bach stay at Whitianga
* MHCO – 12 Month Xero Subscription
Raffle Prizes were sponsored by:
* BBQ Supplies NZ – Meat Rubs and Spices
* Daws Osteopathy Ltd – Massage Voucher
* Flex Fitness, Hamilton CBD – Voucher for 2 Month’s Membership
* Heavenly Smooth – Body Scrub products
* Midnight Upholstery – Apparel
* Sal’s Pizzeria – Voucher for free Authentic New York Pizza
* 9 Round Kick Box Fitness – 1 Month Membership & Boxing Wraps
* Winner Winner – Food Voucher
* Xero – Merchandise
Thanks again to the 18 teams for participating and giving us some great team names to remember
- I am Smarticus
- William Shatners Pants
- Courtney & the Tiny
- And the winner is…
- Make Nathan Jump
- Nathan Sucks
- Fact Hunt
- Dopey Daws
- Hazy Marris
- Enderwick Design
- Guessing isn’t Trivia
- Quizzy Moto
See you all at the Maisey Harris & Co annual charity quiz night!