Why we developed this service:
Success is about planning; we want to help you achieve success.
A great business planning process gets to the heart and soul of your business. Upon completion of ‘pre-work’, we’ll have a greater understanding of your vision and core values in order to facilitate a four-hour planning session to help you create a clear Business Plan.
The outcome of this service is to identify and prioritise goals, both short term and long term, create strategies to achieve your goals, enable you to review actual performance against targets and establish a 90-day action plan to address immediate and critical issues.
- Do you have a current Business Plan?
- Have you set realistic and measurable goals?
- Do you have clear strategies to achieve your goals?
- Do you regularly review your goals in regard to changing circumstances?
A Business Planning session will require you to take time out from day to day activities in the business to focus on the business. Together we will review your past performance and clarify future direction. You will set solid and realistic business goals and define strategies for achievement. At the end of the session, you will have a one-page Business Plan which will act as a guide map to ensure you are on course for success.
Who should use this service?
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, we recommend you undertake Business Planning.
Would you like:
- To increase the level of growth, profitability and cash flow in your business?
- Support to unlock your business potential?
- A clear outline of what you need to do to unlock this potential?
- A document against which to measure your progress?
When should this service be used?
Any time is a good time to make a Business Plan if you don’t have one, however it is particularly relevant at the start of a new financial year. If you are contemplating a major change in an existing business or entering a new business venture, a Business Plan is crucial. You will also be required to have a Business Plan to support any financial applications.
What is involved?
You attend a four-hour planning session facilitated by Nathan, Peter or Rory.
The key issues covered will be:
- Discussing and setting both personal and business goals for the next 12 months
- Discussing and agreeing on an action plan with strategies to support the achievement of goals
- Identification of Gross Revenue Targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Identification of opportunities and vulnerabilities in your business that needs to be managed
- Establishment of a 90-Day Action Plan to address immediate critical issues
We will provide you with pre-work, which you will need to complete prior to the Business Planning session to ensure you identify any issues that need to be discussed. That way we can prepare any information required prior to the session.
Benefits of a Business Planning session:
- Gives you a chance to review and set the direction of the business
- Eliminates procrastination
- Helps you to find common goals amongst a number of Directors (if applicable)
- Identifies and prioritises your key goals
- Creates strategies for you to achieve your goals
- Identifies what you will need to achieve your goals. This could be a combination of marketing, training, performance management, increased resourcing and cost-cutting
- Sets timeframes for achieving goals and therefore provides accountability
- Provides a tool to communicate your business goals and vision with your Team
- Divides your goals into short term and long term – Quick Wins vs. Key Projects
- Provides you with a template to review actual performance against targets
- Provides you with a platform to develop Financial Forecasts
- Gives you a basis for you to set team members’ individual goals / targets
Don’t just take our word for it
Hear what our customers have to say:
“The business planning session, with Peter, was the most valuable half day I’ve had in business so far! I feel like we have a much clearer vision of where we want to go and what we stand for.”
“Working with Nathan Maisey has made a significant difference to our operation and to the performance of our business. It’s great to have someone with a fresh set of eyes and ideas, and awesome to have someone to be accountable to. It’s helpful being asked the right questions to make me think about how we operate and how we could improve OSHbox. Nathan and the team at Maisey Harris offer great value for money and I would highly recommend working with them to grow your business.”
“We found the business planning session with Peter and Rory from MHCO a game changer.
It gave us the opportunity to come up with innovative ideas and to incorporate different perspectives rather than having a power struggle.
As a husband and wife team, it was even more challenging as the power struggle in the business would also be carried into our private lives.
Until then we were overwhelmed with do’s don’ts must’s and haves’, and who had the right business approach. During the planning session, we learnt the advantages of having different approaches to the business and we were able to work in a complimentary way instead.
We come out the session with the clarity and confidence to lead our business into the future. We are currently applying the tools and sticking to the plan which is proving to enhance our effectiveness and innovative team work. We are enjoying it again, feeling better about it and the business is flourishing. Thank you Peter and Rory for an extraordinary service like no other.”
”Maisey Harris & Co have a fantastic business planning system that clearly sets out the goals for the year ahead broken into achievable 90 day targets, they also look at the core values and purpose of the business to ensure any goals are set to stick true to the core business principles.
Peter and Rory have a great way of helping to tease out the key information and lay it all out in a one-page plan which will lay the foundation for any plans for the year ahead.”
“We have just completed a half-day planning session with Peter. The pre-work was concise and straightforward. Peter ran the day very well and by the end, we had a clearer understanding of our business. We left with some well-defined near and long term goals.
The day allowed us to focus on the business. We also left reassured that we are heading in the correct direction.”
“I found the business planning session very relaxed yet focused as we covered a lot in a short period of time. For what would have taken me weeks to complete by myself, took one day.
Knowing that I am in good hands with a company that has a lot of experience dealing with businesses, I was confident it was time spent well. Developing my business plan helped me to get the ball rolling and it keeps me accountable for the goals I’ve set to achieve.”
“Peter has a great relaxed approach but still managed to get some hard work out of us. The business planning service made us take the time to think about the business at a high level, which we would not have done otherwise, as the detail and the work are always there.
Doing the business planning service has enabled me to feel more comfortable and in control. We can see 2018 is going to be a big year with lots to do but know we will be doing actions that help our business, not just action for the sake of action.”
“Completing my business plan with Pete from MHCO has been a great help for both myself and the team inside my business.
The ongoing planning sessions mean we are not only reminded of what we are striving for on long terms goals, but we are also accountable which in turn makes these things happen.
I highly recommend this service even to those who are experienced business owners and can’t stress enough the value a third party perspective on our business has had.”